Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our app soundjack (Our App), including on registration (e.g. your name, picture and e-mail address);
- information that you provide if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- information that you provide if you report a problem with Our App;
- correspondence where you contact us;
- details you provide if you complete any surveys that we ask you to enter (although you do not have to respond to these requests);
- details of transactions you carry out through Our App;
- details of your use of Our App (including, but not limited to, location data, IP address, operating system) and the resources that you access within Our App.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain features/functionalities of Our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via Our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from Our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (including where we provide those products or services via a third party) or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to understand how users use Our App;
- to show you (within Our App) deals from our partners that we believe could be of interest for you;
- to present to you music and information from our partners we believe could be of interest for you
- to notify you about changes to our services and Our App.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are not an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to email@example.com
Aside from third parties processing your data on our behalf (e.g. our hosting company) and as set out below, we will not supply your information to any third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Soundnet Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets);
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.